Use our Google Analytics data source to display your Google Ads data on your Geckoboard dashboard.
Step 1: Connect your Google Ads account to Google Analytics
Geckoboard can only pull Google Ads metrics through Google Analytics when you link your Ads to your Analytics account. If your Ads account isn’t connected properly, you won't see your data in Geckoboard.
Step 2: Build Google Ads visualizations in Geckoboard
We'll use our Google Analytics data source to create a dashboard widget displaying your Google Ads data.
- Add a new Universal Google Analytics widget.
- Click the on your new widget, then click .
- In the Metrics menu, look for the Adwords category of metrics. From the right hand menu, we'll pick Cost. You'll now see a figure displayed on your number widget.
- Change the timespan for the ads data. Select This month to see data for the month to date.
- Select Filter results and filter out the specific ad group or campaign you want to see data for.
- Apply an optional Comparison to previous period.
- To break down the cost by another value, switch to Leaderboard and group by 'adgroup' to see the most expensive ad groups this month.
Or, you could switch to the Column chart with the horizontal axis set to Ad Distribution Network to show cost across your different channels.
- When you've finished configuring your widget, click outside of the menu to close it. Finally, hover over the new widget and click the title to edit it e.g. Ad Costs (This month).