In this article, we'll show how to use our Pingdom data source to display information from your Pingdom data on your Geckoboard dashboard.
Create a new Pingdom widget
To create a Pingdom widget, follow these steps:
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- Search for Pingdom using the Search sources field.
Alternatively, you can also scroll down the alphabetical list of integrations until you reach the Pingdom integration.
- Click on the Pingdom integration.
Create a connection with Pingdom
Pingdom's free plan does not allow API access and can't be used for this integration
When adding your first Pingdom widget, you'll be asked to create a connection and authenticate your Pingdom account so that we're able to collect your data and display it on the dashboard. You only need to create this connection once – we'll take care of the rest.
To connect your Pingdom account with Geckoboard, follow these steps:
- The authentication box will ask you to Name this connection and provide your Pingdom API Token.
If you've already generated an API token in Pingdom, complete the authentication box and click .
- To generate your API token, log into Pingdom and click the Integrations icon in the left hand menu.
- On the following screen click the green Add API Token button. If you haven't generated any tokens before look for it in the bottom right corner.
- In the pop-up Add API token window enter a name for your token e.g. Geckoboard and select Read-Write access. Click Generate token to confirm.
- You'll now see your new API token. Click Copy to copy it to your clipboard.
- Switch back to Geckoboard and paste the API token in the field.
- Click on the button to complete your authentication.
Adding your Pingdom data to a dashboard allows you and your team to monitor the availability and performance of your websites, servers or web applications as well as adding context to other live metrics on your dashboard.
To connect your Pingdom data to Geckoboard, you must be on a Pro plan.
Which metrics are available in this integration?
The following metrics are currently available in the Pingdom integration:
- Current Status
Allows you to monitor a check on a rolling 24h, 7 day or 30 day period.
lists all your alerts on a rolling 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, 7 day, 14 day or 28 day period.
Historic uptime performance or response time trends over a rolling 24h, 7 day or 30 day period.
If you're not sure which metrics to track, you might be interested in our SaaS Metrics Generator, which can help you find the right metrics and learn more about them.