The Custom Widgets API offers the option to POLL a URL for data. To use this method of displaying data, you'll need to format your data as outlined in the developer documentation and save the data as a JSON file.
To do upload your JSON file to Dropbox, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Dropbox.com and sign in.
- Click Upload and select your JSON file.
- Next, hover your mouse over the file, then select Share.
- Then select Create a link.
- Now click Copy link.
To use this link within your Custom Widget, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the dashboard you plan to use.
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- You'll see a scrollable list of Integrations, click .
- Select your widget type (e.g. Number & Secondary Stat).
- Set the Method field to POLL.
- Paste your Dropbox link into the URL data feed field.
- Make any other modifications necessary and click save widget.