Countdowns can often complement other metrics you're tracking on a dashboard. For example, your metrics might focus on quarterly sales and so you want to show how many days remain in this quarter, or you're counting down the days to the end of your current sprint, Christmas, or another due date.
To set up your countdown timer, follow these steps:
- Make your own copy of this template.
- Double click cell
B3and choose the date for your event i.e. Christmas day.
B5will automatically calculate how many days are left between now and that event.
- Now switch to your Geckoboard account, click Add widget and select Spreadsheets.
- If you haven't already, connect your Google Sheets account to Geckoboard.
- Select the Sheet created above (your own copy of the Template).
- Select the value of Days left until event, then choose a number visualization.
- Configure other widget options, such as giving it a Title.
- Click to add your widget to your dashboard.
- And that's it! Your widget should look something like this: