Get your first dashboard up and running in minutes. Think about your goals, choose key metrics to display, and easily pull data from your everyday tools with our pre-built integrations.
Step 1 – Build your first dashboard
After signing up for your trial you'll see a blank dashboard with a prompt to add your first widget.
To begin, click Add widget.
We have over 60 pre-built integrations that will pull in live data from your everyday business tools. Each integration contains a comprehensive list of predefined metrics and visualizations, making things even easier to set up.
If you don’t see an integration for the service you need, or it doesn’t offer the metrics you’re looking for, there are a few other options available to help you create the perfect dashboard.
Add data tracked in a Google Sheet or Excel file to your dashboard.
Connect your PostgreSQL and Redshift SQL database to your Geckoboard account, enabling you to set up widgets which query that database regularly.
Send any other data from in-house systems and third party tools with this flexible solution for developers.
Step 2 – Get your TV ready
You have several options for displaying your new dashboard on a screen, depending on your budget, existing equipment, and who'll be setting it up.
Our optimal TV dashboard setup
Our optimal setup involves getting the following in place:
- One or more HD or 4K screens to display your dashboard(s) on.
- A connected device that can display a web browser on a screen.
- A wireless internet connection, accessible from where you plan to position your screen(s).
Step 3 – Send your dashboard to TV
Use our Send to TV feature to quickly pair your dashboard and TV. Then you’ll be able to instantly swap dashboards and rearrange things remotely from your laptop.
- Click in the top right hand corner.
- Open a browser on the device connected to your TV and enter gbrd.tv into the address bar.
- Press Enter. You should now see a passcode on your screen.
- Return to Geckoboard and enter the passcode to display your dashboard on your TV.
Step 4 – Customize your dashboard
Geckoboard provides a selection of standard dashboard Themes, carefully designed with clear colors and contrast. You also have the option to choose your own background and widget colors and display your logo in the footer.
- Click from the navigation menu.
- Select from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your dashboard Theme.
Click one of the tabs below for instructions on how to set up your theme.
Thetab contains four predesigned themes: Dark, Light, Navy, and Purple.
Click to preview each theme and see how they suit your dashboard.
If you're on our Basic plan, you will be able to preview the Navy and Purple themes, but they won't remain after saving.
Thetab gives you further control over the colors of your dashboard.
Click the eyedropper icon to bring up the color picker panel.Use the color slider and color field to preview a color. As you adjust the color, the numeric values are adjusted accordingly. If you know the hexadecimal value of the color you want, you can enter it into the text field.
You can also choose from three different themes for your widgets: A darker shade of your chosen background color, in addition to dark and light.
- To upload and display your Logo in the footer, drag an image file from your desktop or any folder on your computer, or click to select a file. Once uploaded, your logo will appear on the customization menu and on your dashboard preview.
Logos are only available on our Team and Company plans, and throughout your trial.
For best results, we recommend uploading images no less than 100px in height. Additionally, there is a size limit of 2MB.
- Click to return to your dashboard.
Next step – Learn best practices
Stay on top of the features and best practices you can use to design and build great dashboards with Geckoboard.