Importing JSON is a powerful way to get data via APIs. In order to import JSON data to Google Sheets, follow the steps below.
- Create a new Google Sheet
- Click on the Tools menu and select the option Script editor.
- Delete the placeholder content.
- Copy and paste the code from this script to the Script editor.
- Select File > Save
- Name your code "ImportJSON"
- Close the Script editor and navigate back to your Google Sheet
- In cell A1, type
=ImportJSON("xxx"). Replace xxx with your API endpoint. For example http://api.openweathermap.org/data/3.0/measurements (be sure to keep the quotes and parenthesis)
- Press enter. Your Google Sheet should now populate with your JSON data