If your Excel spreadsheet file is stored in OneDrive for Business, you can connect that account directly to Geckoboard. If your file is in a personal OneDrive account, follow the steps to link to your file directly.
- Save your Excel file as
.xlsx, if it isn't already.
- Using Share settings, make sure access is set to Anyone with the link can edit.
- Click Copy Link to copy the link to your clipboard. You'll need this copied link for our Get Direct Link tool.
- Paste the copied link into our Get Direct Link tool and click the button to copy a new link that you'll need to use in Geckoboard.
- Switch to Geckoboard, Add a new Excel spreadsheet widget from your dashboard.
- From the Choose File menu, click on the link icon and paste your sharing link URL in the Link to file field. If you're seeing the error message
WARNING: This worksheet is too large to importand your
.xlsxfile is under the 5 MB upload limit, it's likely the compressed
.xmlfiles contained in it exceed the file limit. Please see our guide to finding out why your worksheet file exceeds the limit.
- And that’s it! Each time you make changes to your hosted
.xlsxspreadsheet in Sharepoint, those changes will automatically sync with Geckoboard through the generated link. You'll be able to see your changes on your dashboard when the widget refreshes (every 15 minutes).
For guides to creating spreadsheet dashboard widgets, select from the following visualization types: