If your file is stored in OneDrive for Business, you can connect that account directly to Geckoboard from the Spreadsheets panel.
If your file is in a personal OneDrive account, then you can link to your file directly by following these steps:
- Make sure that your file is not stored in a subfolder as this can prevent Geckoboard from accessing it.
- Using Share settings, make sure access is set to Anyone with the link can edit.
- Click Copy Link.
- When the Link copied message appears, copy the created link into our secure tool to prepare it for Geckoboard. Click ‘Get direct link’ to get an updated link.
- Return to Geckoboard, in the Link to file field, paste the copied link to your hosted file. Our integration will do the rest.
- And that’s it! You're now ready to prepare a visualization using your spreadsheet data.
Each time you make changes to your hosted
.xlsxspreadsheet in Sharepoint, those changes will automatically sync with Geckoboard through the generated link. You'll be able to see your changes on your dashboard when the widget refreshes (every 15 minutes).
.xlsx file extension is supported for Excel files.
The file size limit for uploaded spreadsheets is 5 MB.
If you're seeing the error message
WARNING: This worksheet is too large to import and your
.xlsx file is under the 5 MB upload limit, it's likely the compressed
.xml files contained in it exceed the file limit.
Please see our guide to finding out why your worksheet file exceeds the limit.