Our Spreadsheets integration is a quick and easy way to transform your Excel files into beautiful dashboards. In this article, you'll connect and push data from your Excel spreadsheet hosted in Google Drive.
Before you start
If your spreadsheet data has been imported from a third-party service (e.g. Google Analytics, Salesforce, Zendesk, etc.), check if we have a pre-built integration for it. They are by far the easiest way to quickly get your data onto your dashboards, with each integration containing a comprehensive list of widgets with predefined KPIs, making things even easier for you.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for complete control over how your data is displayed, you can use our Datasets API to send data from a database or third-party service to your dashboards.
To connect your Excel file from Google Drive, follow these steps.
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- You'll see a scrollable list of Integrations. Click .
- From the Choose File menu, click on the Google Drive icon.
Only the .xlsx file extension is supported for Excel files.
- If you haven’t done so already, create a connection to link your Google Drive account with Geckoboard.
.xlsxfile extension is supported for Excel files.
.xlsfiles won't show in your folder.
After connecting to your Google Drive account, you may see the message: "there was an error fetching the list of spreadsheets". If so, you need to allow Google Drive permission to share data with Geckoboard.
To do this, open the Google Apps control panel and navigate to
Apps > Google Apps > Settings for Drive, and make sure "Allow users to install Google Drive apps" in the "Data Access" menu is enabled.
- And that’s it! You're now ready to prepare a visualization using your spreadsheet data.