If you're experiencing problems connecting your spreadsheet using OneDrive, please follow our guide to generate a direct link that Geckoboard can read.
Our Spreadsheets integration is a quick and easy way to transform your Excel files into beautiful dashboards. In this article, you'll connect and push data from your Excel spreadsheet hosted in OneDrive for Business.
Before you start
If your spreadsheet data has been imported from a third-party service (e.g. Google Analytics, Salesforce, Zendesk, etc.), check if we have a pre-built integration for it. They are by far the easiest way to quickly get your data onto your dashboards, with each integration containing a comprehensive list of widgets with predefined KPIs, making things even easier for you.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for complete control over how your data is displayed, you can use our Datasets API to send data from a database or third-party service to your dashboards.
To connect your Excel file from OneDrive for Business, follow these steps.
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- You'll see a scrollable list of Integrations. Click .
- From the Choose File menu, click on the OneDrive icon.
Ensure that your file resides in the main OneDrive folder. Files placed within additional folders might not display.
Also, only the
.xlsxfile extension is supported for Excel files.
.xlsfiles won't show in your folder.
- If you haven’t done so already, create a connection to link your OneDrive for Business account with Geckoboard.
The file size limit for uploaded spreadsheets is 5 MB.
- And that’s it! You're now ready to prepare a visualization using your spreadsheet data.