Our Spreadsheets integration is a quick and easy way to transform your Excel files into beautiful dashboards. In this article, you'll connect and push data from a file uploaded to cloud storage.
Before you start
If your spreadsheet data has been imported from a third-party service (e.g. Google Analytics, Salesforce, Zendesk, etc.), check if we have a pre-built integration for it. They are by far the easiest way to quickly get your data onto your dashboards, with each integration containing a comprehensive list of widgets with predefined KPIs, making things even easier for you.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for complete control over how your data is displayed, you can use our Datasets API to send data from a database or third-party service to your dashboards.
We have dedicated articles for connecting your Excel spreadsheet to Geckoboard using:
To connect your Excel file from cloud storage, follow these steps.
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- You'll see a scrollable list of Integrations. Click .
- From the Choose File menu, click on the link icon.
.xlsxfile extension is supported for Excel files.
The file size limit for uploaded spreadsheets is 5 MB.
- We support any cloud service that is able to provide a direct link. Use our tool to generate a direct link that Geckoboard can read and simply copy it in the Link to file field. The URL of your file will act as data source. Our integration will do the rest.
Only HTTP and HTTPS protocols are supported. If your URL link to your file doesn't start with
https://the connection button won't be displayed.
- And that’s it! You're now ready to prepare a visualization using your spreadsheet data.