To link your Excel spreadsheet file on your computer to Geckoboard, follow these steps:
- Make sure your file is an Excel
.xlsxfile, not a
- Open your Excel file and click the Share button in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- If your file has already been saved to Microsoft 365, OneDrive, or Sharepoint, skip to the next step. Otherwise, make your choice from from the list of Places and click Save.
- From the Share settings window, make sure access is set to Anyone with the link can edit.
- Click Copy Link to copy the link to your clipboard. You'll need this copied link for our Get Direct Link tool.
- Paste the copied link into our Get Direct Link tool and click the Get direct link button to copy a new link that you'll need to use in Geckoboard
- Switch to Geckoboard and hover your cursor over an empty area of your dashboard and click the + button.
Alternatively, click Add widget in the top right of your dashboard.
- You'll see a scrollable list of data sources. Click Excel.
- In Geckoboard, in the Link to file field, paste the copied link to your hosted file. Our integration will do the rest.
- And that’s it! You're now ready to prepare a visualization using your spreadsheet data.
Each time you make changes to your hosted
.xlsxspreadsheet in Sharepoint, those changes will automatically sync with Geckoboard through the generated link. You'll be able to see your changes on your dashboard when the widget refreshes (every 15 minutes).
The file size limit for uploaded spreadsheets is 5 MB.
If you're seeing the error message
WARNING: This worksheet is too large to import and your
.xlsx file is under the 5 MB upload limit, it's likely the compressed
.xml files contained in it exceed the file limit.
Please see our guide to finding out why your worksheet file exceeds the limit. If you are not able to reduce the file of your spreadsheet, you may want to consider using Google Sheets’ ImportRange function.