Using Split by when editing a widget on your dashboard, you can see the changes you make in real-time as you break up your data within the same line chart or column chart.
Split by is available for the following data sources:
- Google Analytics
- Zendesk Chat
- Zendesk Support
Example: create a ticket volume by department line chart
We'll use Split by with our Zendesk Support data source to create a line chart that splits ticket volume by group.
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- Search for Zendesk Support using the Search sources field.
Alternatively, you can also scroll down the alphabetical list of integrations until you reach the Zendesk Support integration.
- Click on the Zendesk Support integration.
- From the list of preset visualizations we're going to select Ticket volume.
- Hover over your new widget on your dashboard and click the , then click to bring up the widget configuration menu.
- Click Split by to break up your data by a chosen category.
- From the Split by section dropdown menu we're going to split by
Group. It's also possible to split the data by custom fields from your Zendesk instance.
- Change the timespan for the ticket data if you require anything different to Past 28 days. When you've finished configuring your widget, click outside of the menu to close it.
- Finally, hover over the widget and click the Ticket volume title to better describe the data now e.g. Ticket volume by department.