Though our table widget won't reflect any color-based conditional formatting from your spreadsheet, you can use Emoji to highlight particular cells. In this walkthrough, we'll show you how to use our Spreadsheets data source to display a table with conditional color-based Emoji on your dashboard.
- To begin, load our example Google sheet of sales per agent. To create our Emoji color indicators, we've used an IF function in the cells in column
Cto run a test of the preceding cell in column
B. This returns a red circle 🔴 for a
TRUEresult, and a blue circle 🔵 for a
FALSEresult. We also have create a column of concatenated cells in column
- Make your own copy of the spreadsheet using File > Make a copy.
- Switch to Geckoboard. Click Add widget in the top right of your dashboard.
- You'll see a scrollable list of data sources. Click Google Sheets.
- From the Choose File menu, search for, and select, the spreadsheet you want to connect to Geckoboard.
- With your spreadsheet connected, click drag to select the cells in columns A. Then click the
button to the right of the data range field. Then click drag to select the concatenated cells in column
- Click . From the the visualization options, click on the highlighted Table icon.
- On the next screen you'll see a preview of your example color coded widget. Click to return to your dashboard.
You can also use Emoji with our text widget to help convey extra meaning and emotion on your dashboard.