In this article, we'll use the Google App Script platform to get data from Stripe into Google Sheets, before creating a new Spreadsheets widget.
Using Spreadsheets as part of your free Geckoboard account? Unlock all our data sources when you try Pro for free.
We do have a Stripe integration with the following widgets:
- Number widget:
Display counts of charges by status, customers, coupon redeemed and subscriptions
- Subscriptions by plan:
Display bar chart of subscription counts by plan
- Current balance:
Retrieve your available, pending or net balance
Create a Stripe widget using data from Google Sheets
To create a Stripe widget using data pulled from a Google Sheet, follow these steps:
- Make sure you're already logged into your Google Drive account.
- Make a copy of this Google Sheet.
- To find your Stripe secret key, log in to your Stripe account.
- Click Account from the top right hand of the page.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click the API Keys from the top tabs. Here, you will need the Live Secret Key.
- Return to your copied Stripe Sync 1.8 spreadsheet.
- From the navigation menu, click Add-ons > Stripe Sync > Setup.
- In the pop-up window that appears, enter your Live Secret Key, Granularity, Initial load and Metrics where prompted.
- Click Save.
- Select a cell in your spreadsheet where you want balance data to be written.
- Click Add-ons > Stripe Sync > Initial Load.
- Click Run.
When you want to manually refresh the balances, click Add-ons > Stripe Sync > Manual Sync.
To schedule the values to sync every hour, click Add-ons > Stripe Sync > Schedule Sync. To cancel this schedule click Add-ons > Stripe Sync > Cancel Schedule.
- With your data now populating your Google Sheet, switch to your Geckoboard dashboard to start creating some Stripe widgets.
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- Search for Spreadsheets using the Search sources field.
Alternatively, you can also scroll down the alphabetical list of integrations until you reach the Spreadsheets integration.
- Click on the Spreadsheets integration.
- Choose the copied Stripe Sync 1.8 spreadsheet with your Stripe data on.
- Create your widget by configuring the way you’d like to visualize the data.
- And that's it! You may also find this step-by-step video useful.