Use Zapier and Datasets to display Typeform survey metrics on your Geckoboard dashboard.
Step 1: Create a new dataset in Geckoboard
Create a new dataset in Geckoboard that matches the required data types of a Typeform survey.
- Add a new Datasets widget. On the connection panel, click .
- Give the dataset a name. Keep to lowercase letters, digits and no spaces. We don't support unicode characters in dataset or field names.
- Now add the schema fields that correspond to the data types that make up the Typeform survey. Of the 7 types of fields available, you'll only need String for the survey submission IDs and Datetime for when the survey responses were submitted. As your survey submission ID field can make up a unique key, tick the Add to unique key checkbox. Learn more about using empty/null and unique key fields.
- When you've finished configuring your fields, click . With your dataset created, we'll switch to Zapier to connect our new dataset to a Zap.
Step 2: Create a Zap that connects Typeform to your dataset
Make a new Zap in Zapier that connects both your Typeform and Geckoboard accounts, before linking it to your new dataset.
- Make a new Zap in Zapier. In the first Trigger step, search for and select Typeform.
- Next, we'll set up our trigger event. From the drop-down list, select New Entry. This will trigger an update whenever your survey is completed.
- Connect to, and select, your Typeform account. Then click Continue.
- Locate the Typeform survey from the Form select menu.
- Click Test trigger. Zapier will attempt to find an entry from your survery to use in the Zap.
- With your trigger now set up, we'll now add an action to your Zap. Actions are events your Zap performs when your trigger event occurs. Search for and select Geckoboard.
- Click the Action Event drop-down list and select Add Record to Dataset. Then, click Continue.
- Connect to, and select, your Geckoboard account. You'll need to access your Geckoboard API key. Then click Continue.
- Under Dataset ID, select your new dataset.
- You'll now see all the schema fields for your dataset. Click each one and select the corresponding field from your Typeform survey.
- The Update Type dropdown menu is set to Add to existing records (Post) by default. If you've added fields to a unique key, this can be used to modify existing records in case their values have changed since your last update or if you want to fix an incorrect record.
- Click Test & Continue. In this test Zapier will attempt to send a record to your dataset. You're now ready to click Turn on Zap.
- Finally, return to Geckoboard and add a new dataset widget. As you configure your Typeform widget you'll see the live preview update. With the survey submission IDs and datetimes, you can quickly build visualizations that show the number of submissions, either as a total or charted over time. For more on configuring datasets widgets, see create visualizations from datasets.