Use Zapier and Datasets to display monday.com project metrics on your Geckoboard dashboard.
Step 1: Create a new dataset in Geckoboard
Create a new dataset in Geckoboard that matches the data types of a typical monday.com project.
- Add a new Datasets widget. On the connection panel, click .
- Give the dataset a name. Keep to lowercase letters, digits and no spaces. We don't support unicode characters in dataset or field names.
- Now add the schema fields that correspond to the data types that make up a typical monday.com project. Of the 7 types of fields available, you'll only need String (for task name, owner, priority and status) and Datetime (for when the task was completed). Be aware that strings have a limit of 256 characters. As not every monday.com task requires an owner or a priority set, tick the Set as optional checkbox for these fields. Learn more about using empty/null fields.
- When you've finished configuring your fields, click . With your dataset created, we'll switch to Zapier to connect our new dataset to a Zap.
Step 2: Create a Zap that connects monday.com to your dataset
Make a new Zap in Zapier that connects both your monday.com and Geckoboard accounts, before linking it to your new dataset.
- Make a new Zap in Zapier. In the first Trigger step, search for and select monday.com.
- Next, we'll set up our trigger event. From the drop-down list, select Specific Column Value Changed in Board.
- Connect to, and select, your monday.com account. Then click Continue.
- Locate the monday.com Board ID and Column ID you want to connect to. This will trigger whenever the status column is updated in monday.com.
- Click Test trigger. Zapier will attempt to find an entry from your project to use in the Zap.
- With your trigger now set up, we'll now add an action to your Zap. Actions are events your Zap performs when your trigger event occurs. Search for and select Geckoboard.
- Click the Action Event drop-down list and select Add Record to Dataset. Then, click Continue.
- Connect to, and select, your Geckoboard account. You'll need to access your Geckoboard API key. Then click Continue.
- Under Dataset ID, select your new dataset.
- You'll now see all the schema fields for your dataset. Click each one and select the corresponding field from your monday.com project.
- The Update Type dropdown menu is set to Add to existing records (Post) by default. If you've added fields to a unique key, this can be used to modify existing records in case their values have changed since your last update or if you want to fix an incorrect record.
- Click Test & Continue. In this test Zapier will attempt to send a record to your dataset. You're now ready to click Turn on Zap.
- Finally, return to Geckoboard and add a new dataset widget. As you configure your monday.com widget you'll see the live preview update. By adding a
Status = Donefilter and a timespan set to this week, you can you can quickly build visualizations that show the number of completed tasks this week as a number or in a table. For more on configuring datasets widgets, see create visualizations from datasets.