JIRA allows teams to track bugs and issues, along with planning and managing software development projects.
Which widgets are available for JIRA?
Geckoboard offers the following JIRA widget types:
- Next Release
- Number of Issues
- Project Version Progress
- Ticket Priority
- JQL Ticket Count
- JQL Ticket List
To connect your JIRA instance, there are three necessary items: the JIRA Host URL, username, and password.
- JIRA Host: If you log into JIRA at https://spacecargo.atlassian.net, your JIRA Host would be https://spacecargo.atlassian.net. Be sure to include the http:// or https:// prefix.
- JIRA username: If you're using JIRA on demand (through atlassian.net), this is different to your Atlassian login.
- To find your username, log into your JIRA account.
- Click your profile image in the top right corner, then select Profile.
- In the section labeled JIRA Profile, locate the username field.
- Password: This is your JIRA password.
To connect your JIRA instance and create a widget, follow these steps.
- On your dashboard, click Add widget.
- Select the JIRA integration.
- Next, select the widget type. In this example, we'll select the Number of Issues widget type.
- If prompted, add your JIRA credentials or select the account in the Account field.
- Next, add a Title.
- Select the Project you want to display Issues from.
- Select the Issue Type.
- Select the Issue Status.
- Select the Period you want to display.
- And finally, select a Secondary Output, or None.
- Click , to save and add the widget to your dashboard.