A data source is any service with which Geckoboard integrates, such as Facebook or Google Analytics. To create widgets powered by data from these services, Geckoboard must form a connection to the data source.
Data sources are used when you first set up a widget, and any time a widget needs to refresh its data. Before you can configure a widget, Geckoboard needs to access the data source for that widget.
Only Account owners and Admins can manage data sources.
To add a new connection for the first time, follow these steps.
- In the top right of your dashboard, click Add widget.
- Search for the integration you want using the Search sources field.
- Click on your chosen integration.
- On the next page, click the widget visualization you'd like to use.
- You'll then be asked to create a connection and authenticate, so that we're able to collect your data and display it on the dashboard.
- Click on the button.
- Once the connection is added, configure and click .