In this article, we'll show how to use our New Relic data source to display information from your New Relic data on your Geckoboard dashboard.
Insights by New Relic are currently not supported by this integration.
Create a new New Relic widget
To create a New Relic widget for your dashboard, follow these steps:
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- Search for New Relic using the Search sources field.
Alternatively, you can also scroll down the alphabetical list of integrations until you reach the New Relic integration.
- Click on the New Relic integration.
- Select the type of New Relic widget you want to add.
Create a connection with New Relic
When adding your first New Relic widget, you'll be asked to create a connection and authenticate your New Relic account so that we're able to collect your data and display it on the dashboard. You only need to create this connection once – we'll take care of the rest.
To connect your New Relic account with Geckoboard, follow these steps:
- The authentication box will ask you to Name this connection.
Create a distinct name for your connection, to differentiate it from other accounts later on.
- You'll then need to enter your REST API key and Account ID. These are required by Geckoboard to access your New Relic account.
- From the New Relic menu bar, select Account Settings, then API Keys.
- On the right side of the screen, under the "Not seeing your keys?" section, click the link to REST API key.
- Click Create Rest API Key, or copy your existing key. You can also find your New Relic Account ID on this page.
- In Geckoboard, paste the Key and Account Id into the corresponding fields.
- Click on the button.