Our Image widget allows you to embed online images (pictures, photos and animated GIFs) within your dashboard. This is a useful way to brand or personalize your dashboard, particularly handy when it is being displayed on a large TV in a public space.
Using the image widget
To display a PNG, JPG or GIF image, all you have to do is specify its URL. If you are not sure what the URL to your image is, you can normally get it by right clicking the image on your browser and choosing "Copy Image Address", here you'll find specific instructions for your browser.
If the image you want to display on your dashboard isn't online yet, you can use Dropbox or a similar service to host it first and then get its URL.
The image guidelines for each widget size are as follows:
- 1×1 – image width 230px, height 230px
- 2×1 – image width 470px, height 230px
- 2×2 – image width 470px, height 470px
- 1×2 – image width 230px, height 470px
- 2×3 – image width 470px, height 710px
- 3×2 – image width 710px, height 470px
- 3×3 – image width 710px, height 710px
- 4×2 – image width 950px, height 470px
- 4×4 – image width 950px, height 950px
To make it easier to brand your dashboard:
- Images displayed through the image widget are full bleed (no padding)
- The image widget doesn't have a background color which means that transparent images such as logos can be placed directly on the dashboard background