File Roulette is an app developed by ex-Geckoboarder Daniel Upton that generates a URL that returns a different file in your Dropbox each time you visit it – either randomly or in sequence. We can use this tool to create an image widget that displays a new image after every refresh.
- Add a new Image widget from your dashboard and give it a Title.
- Open file-roulette.com in a new browser tab or window. Then, click Log in With Dropbox.
- Dropbox will ask you to allow File Roulette access to a folder.
- You should be presented with 2 URLs: one for random order, the other for one after another (Round Robin) order. Copy one of these to your clipboard.
- Return to your Image widget config and Paste the URL path.
- Select a Reload time.
- Click to return to your dashboard.
Using our Image widget as part of your free Geckoboard account? Unlock all our data sources when you try Pro for free.