If you've requested SSO from our team and are connecting Geckoboard to Okta, follow these steps to complete the process:
- Navigate to the Admin section of your Okta account. Then select Applications > Applications from the top menu bar.
- Click Add Application.
- From your Okta Application dashboard, click Create New App.
- Select SAML 2.0 as a Sign on method, then click Create.
- Enter an App name that describes this connection (example: "Geckoboard"), then click Next.
- By this stage you should have received your Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL from our team (if you haven't, please get in touch). Copy the URL into the Single sign on URL and the Audience URI fields.
- Continue scrolling to the Attribute Statements configuration.
- Fill in the following Attribute Statements, clicking Add Another until yours looks exactly the same as the table and screenshot below and click Next.
- Select I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app from the options menu. You can complete the optional survey, otherwise click Finish.
- Click View Setup Instructions.
- A separate tab will open with your Identity Provider metadata. Make note of your Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL and download your X.509 certificate.
- Together with your Certificate .cer file and URL, we now have everything we need to enable SSO for your Geckoboard account.
We don't currently support logging into Geckoboard via Okta itself. You'll need to sign in via Geckoboard's login page and use the Sign in with SSO option.