- If you haven't already, you'll need to generate a direct download link in Excel. Open the
.xlsxfile you want to share, then select Share.
.csvfiles will need to be convered to
- In the Share window that appears, make sure access to the file is set to Anyone with the link can view or Anyone with the link can edit.
- Click Copy Link.
- Paste the copied link into our Get Direct Link tool and click the button to copy a new link that you'll need to use in Geckoboard.
- Switch to Geckoboard and add a new Excel spreadsheet widget from your dashboard.
- In the Link to file field, paste the copied link to your hosted file.If you're seeing the error message
WARNING: This worksheet is too large to importand your
.xlsxfile is under the 5 MB upload limit, it's likely the compressed
.xmlfiles contained in it exceed the file limit. Please see our guide to finding out why your worksheet file exceeds the limit.
- And that’s it! Each time you make changes to your hosted
.xlsxspreadsheet in Sharepoint, those changes will automatically sync with Geckoboard through the generated link. You'll be able to see your changes on your dashboard when the widget refreshes (every 15 minutes).
For guides to creating spreadsheet dashboard widgets, select from the following visualization types:
Awesome! 👍 Thanks so much for your feedback!
Sorry about that! Start a conversation now.