To connect your Excel file via Sharepoint, follow these steps.
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- You'll see a scrollable list of Integrations. Click .
- From the Choose File menu, click on the link icon.
.xlsxfile extension is supported for Excel files.
The file size limit for uploaded spreadsheets is 5 MB.
- If you haven't already, you'll need to generate a direct download link in Excel.
To generate a direct download link in Excel:
- In Excel, open the file you want to share, then select Share.
- In the the Send Link window that appears, make sure access is set to Anyone with the link can edit.
- Click Copy Link.
- When the Link copied message appears, use this tool to generate a direct link that Geckoboard can read.
- Return to Geckoboard, in the Link to file field, paste the copied link to your hosted file. Our integration will do the rest.
- And that’s it! You're now ready to prepare a visualization using your spreadsheet data.
Each time you make changes to your hosted
.xlsxspreadsheet in Sharepoint, those changes will automatically sync with Geckoboard through the generated link. You'll be able to see your changes on your dashboard when the widget refreshes (every 15 minutes).