Using Filter results when editing a widget on your dashboard, you can quickly see the changes you're making as you refine your data.
While filtering your data when building or editing widgets is available across Geckoboard's data sources, seeing the changes you make in real-time as you filter is available for the following data sources:
- Google Analytics
- Zendesk Chat
- Zendesk Support
Example: Create a first reply time by department leaderboard
We'll use Filter results with our Zendesk Support data source to convert a preset number widget to a leaderboard and use filters to refine the data.
- Click Add widget, located in the top right of your dashboard.
- Search for Zendesk Support using the Search sources field.
Alternatively, you can also scroll down the alphabetical list of integrations until you reach the Zendesk Support integration.
- Click on the Zendesk Support integration.
- From the list of preset visualizations we're going to select First reply time.
- Hover over your new widget on your dashboard and click the , then click to bring up the widget configuration menu.
- We'll now switch the visualization type from Number to Leaderboard. This will automatically convert the visualization to a leaderboard displaying the top assignees by their average first reply time.
- Now we'll click Filter results to add a filter that only includes the average first reply times from a certain group.
- Use the dropdown menus to apply your filter. We're going to add
isand choose a group from the list. Click to create the filter.
- Change the timespan for the ticket data if you require anything different to Past 7 days. When you've finished configuring your widget, click outside of the menu to close it.
- Finally, hover over the widget and click Add a title to describe the data e.g. First reply time by department.