If you have spreadsheets you don't want to share in your Google Drive when connecting your Google Sheet to Geckoboard, one solution is to create a direct download link.
- In Google Sheets select File - Publish to the Web.
- From the pop-up modal, create a link to an
.xlsxExcel file by clicking the menu marked Web page and changing it to Microsoft Excel (.xlsx).
Then click Publish.
- Click OK when Google Drive asks Are you sure you want to publish this selection?
- Copy the generated link in the modal.
- Switch to Geckoboard and hover your cursor over an empty area of your dashboard and click the + button.
Alternatively, click Add widget in the top right of your dashboard.
- You'll see a scrollable list of data sources. Click Excel.
- In Geckoboard, in the Link to file field, paste the copied link to your file. Our integration will do the rest.
- And that’s it! You're now ready to prepare a visualization using your spreadsheet data.