If you have spreadsheets you don't want to share in your Google Drive when connecting your Google Sheet to Geckoboard, one solution is to create a direct download link.
Creating a direct download link is a two steps process:
1. Share your Google Sheet to anyone with the link
First you'll need to to enable sharing on your Google Sheet.
- Open your spreadsheet in Google Drive and click the blue Share button in the top right hand corner to open the Share with others modal.
- If your file isn't shared already, click Get shareable link.Otherwise click the dropdown to choose the access permissions and select More...
- In the popup window select either On - Anyone with link can view or On - Public on the web.
- Click Save.
- Back on the Share with others modal, click Copy link to copy your sharing link.
- Click Done to close the Share with others modal.
2. Create a direct link to your Google Sheet
To create a direct download link to you Google Sheet, follow these steps:
- Use our get direct link tool to create the direct download link (simply paste the link obtained above and copy the new one).
- Now you're ready to use the link in Geckoboard. First, hover your mouse pointer over the widget you want to edit.
- Click the in the top right corner.
- On the pop-up menu, Click .
- On the edit widget screen's breadcrumbs menu, click the downward arrow beside the name of your widget.
- Click .
- From the Choose File menu, click on the link icon.
- Copy and Paste your URL in the Link to file field.
- Repeat for any other widgets powered by this Google Sheet. You can now continue updating your Google Sheet as before and it will automatically sync with Geckoboard via the generated link.