There are two main options for transferring ownership of your Geckoboard account.
If the current owner is available
The easiest way to transfer ownership of a Geckoboard account is for the existing owner to promote an existing Admin or View-only user to Owner.
If the new Owner isn't yet a user on the Geckoboard account, the Owner can easily add them first before promoting them to an Owner.
If there aren't enough users in the account to make a clean transference, the current Owner can change their email address to the new Owner's email address and reset the password by typing in the new Owner's email address at https://app.geckoboard.com/password_resets.
If the current owner is no longer with your company or not available
If the current Owner is no longer available, we can change ownership of the account for you following a quick security check.
To get the process started, please compile the required information listed below, into a PDF document and have this request signed by a manager at your organization. Then, send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This request must be sent from an email address using your company's domain.
- The company name.
- The name and email address of the previous account owner.
- The name and email address of the new account owner.
- The last four digits of the credit card number on file.
- The billing address of the credit card on file.
- Authorization to access the Geckoboard account to complete ownership transfer.
- Signature of a manager at your organization.
We have a PDF template available for your convenience.