There are a few different options for transferring ownership of a Geckoboard account depending on your current situation or what you feel is easiest for you to achieve.
If the current owner is still available
- An Owner can promote an existing Admin or View-only user to Account Owner.
- If the new owner is not yet an organization member on the account, an Owner can easily add them first and then promote to Owner.
- If there are not enough users in the account to make a clean transference using the second option, the Owner can change their email address to the new owner's email address and reset the password by typing in the new owner's email address at https://app.geckoboard.com/password_resets
If the current owner is no longer available
If the current owner is no longer available, we can make the change for you following a quick security check. Please send in a written request to email@example.com including:
- The account name
- The name and email address of the previous account owner
- The name and email address of the new account owner
- The last four digits of the credit card number on file
- The billing address of the credit card on file
Please include the above information in a letter on your company letterhead, signed by a manager at your organization. If your company doesn't have letterhead, please be sure to include your company's mailing address and phone number in the letter. Also please note, the request needs to come from an email address in the company's domain. We have a PDF template available for your convenience.
You will need to attach an electronic copy of the letter to the ticket.
If you are having trouble accessing the account at all, but know an email address that it is associated with and have access to that email account, you can trigger a password reset email by going to https://app.geckoboard.com/password_resets .