Share links are ideal for
Sharing a specific dashboard in view-only mode that does not require a user account.
Share links are hash URLs which makes them unique and impossible to guess. Additionally, we block search engines from accessing share links on Geckoboard.
However, if the link is shared on a public-facing site there is a chance it will be indexed. If you have sensitive data, please keep this in mind!
By default, a share link will display your dashboard to anyone who clicks the link unless you set up IP restrictions, regenerate or delete the share link.
To generate a link, follow these steps:
- While logged into Geckoboard, navigate to the dashboard you wish to share.
- On the navigation menu, Click .
- In the Share panel, click .
- With your link generated, click the
- The link is now on your clipboard - simply paste it to share!
To generate a link to multiple dashboards, check out the create a dashboard loop guide.
Due to security limitations in browsers, it isn't possible to generate a share link that automatically activates full-screen mode. For this, we recommend using our Chrome app with a Chromebit in Kiosk mode.
There are two methods to revoke access, regenerating or deleting a link.
Regenerating will create a new link to the dashboard that can be shared while revoking access from the old link. Deleting a link will make the dashboard inaccessible from the share link altogether.
To revoke access, follow these steps:
- While logged into Geckoboard, navigate to the dashboard you wish to revoke access for.
- On the navigation menu, click .
- In the Share panel, Click the
Then select or .