Share links enable anyone with the link to access your dashboard. This makes them ideal for remote working. You can keep your dashboard open in a browser tab on your own computer and easily link to it from wikis, documents, email and IM.
To generate a link, follow these steps:
- While logged into Geckoboard, navigate to the dashboard you wish to share.
- On the navigation menu, Click .
- In the Share panel, click .
- With your link generated, click the
- The link is now on your clipboard - simply paste it to share!
Share links are hash URLs which makes them unique and impossible to guess. Additionally, we block search engines from accessing share links on Geckoboard.
To generate a link to multiple dashboards, check out the create a dashboard loop guide.
There are two methods to revoke access, regenerating or deleting a link.
Regenerating will create a new link to the dashboard that can be shared while revoking access from the old link. Deleting a link will make the dashboard inaccessible from the share link altogether.
To revoke access, follow these steps:
- While logged into Geckoboard, navigate to the dashboard you wish to revoke access for.
- On the navigation menu, click .
- In the Share panel, Click the
Then select or .
By default, a share link will display your dashboard to anyone who clicks the link unless you set up IP restrictions, regenerate or delete the share link.