The Clock widget displays the current time and date based on the configured time zone.
Important note: The Clock widget uses the local computer's clock as a reference. If the computer's clock is incorrect, so will the time displayed on the Clock widget in the local and non-local time zones. The same applies to the visualization of this widget via a sharing link or dashboard loop, where the widget uses the time of the computer displaying the dashboard.
As seen above, the Clock widget can be configured to use either 12 or 24 hour time format.
Besides being helpful for knowing the local time, the Clock widget makes for a very productive tool when, for example, you have a remote team spread out over many time zones, or you often conduct business with another part of the world.
Add a Clock widget for each time zone of the world that is important to you and your team.
With Clock widgets configured for different time zones you can quickly compare the impact of your metrics in different parts of the world. Or perhaps, as in the above dashboard example, you do business in Shanghai and are based in San Francisco. A quick look at your dashboard can show you if the business day has begun or not.
To add a Clock widget to your dashboard, follow these steps:
- Click Add Widget at the top right of your dashboard.
- Choose Clock from the list of integrations (in alphabetical order). You can also type 'clock' in the search box.
To set up your Clock widget, follow these steps:
- Choose a title to be displayed at the top of the Clock. In the examples above, the Clock widgets were titled with their locations.
- Select either 12 or 24 hour display.
- Define the location of the clock and its time zone.