At Geckoboard, we believe that prominently displaying your key metrics on TVs in your workplace enables everyone to understand what’s important to your company and how you’re doing against your goals. Sharing metrics like this helps direct everyone’s energy towards your success.
Selecting the appropriate hardware
Choosing a device to power your screen
We recommend the ASUS Chromebit because of its price, size, and that it runs Chrome. Since it’s a Chrome OS device, it’s also compatible with our Chrome app for Chrome OS.
To connect your Chrome OS device to Geckoboard, follow our walkthrough to get started.
If you don't have a Chromebit, and you're unsure as to whether Geckoboard will run on a particular device, we recommend the following as a minimum requirement:
At least 512MB.
- Other requirements
- Supports landscape or portrait modes.
- Supports full screen mode.
- HDMI output or appropriate cable for your screen.
- Ability to connect to a wireless network.
Choosing a screen to display your dashboard
There are no firm requirements for choosing a screen to display your dashboard. We only recommend using the largest screen possible, as it will make your data easier to read from a distance.
Our dashboards have been designed to automatically scale to fill the space you give them, so we can support 4K as well as HD displays.
If you’re using a Smart TV, we still recommend using an external device to run Geckoboard. Smart TV web browsers are typically underpowered and not up-to-date, so we can't guarantee things will run smoothly.
If you still choose to use a Smart TV, we recommend making sure that Geckoboard Lite is enabled.
Choosing where to position your screen in your workplace
For your dashboard display to have the most impact, it’s important that you choose its position wisely. After all, they should be visible at a glance for everyone involved with improving the metrics they display.
Display your dashboard using Send to TV
Who can use this feature?
Send to TV is available to all subscribers on our current flexible plans. If you're on a legacy plan and want to use this feature, you'll need to switch to one of our newer plans.
To display your dashboard, follow these steps.
- Open a browser on the device connected to your TV.
- Enter gbrd.tv into the address bar of your browser and press
- You should now see a passcode on your screen.
- On a different device, login to your Geckoboard account and click in the top right area of your screen.
- Enter the passcode on the screen that appears. If you already have screens paired, you'll need to click first.
- Click .
- Your screen is now paired and will display the dashboard you’ve currently selected.
Do you have more dashboards than TVs? Why not create a loop – perfect for cycling through multiple dashboards on a single display.
- To display a different dashboard or dashboard loop, click the dropdown list beside the device you want to display it on.
- To finish, click .
Get started with Geckoboard
Getting to grips with Geckoboard? This article is part of a series introducing you to all the ways that Geckoboard can help you broadcast live business metrics, KPIs and goals to your team in an easy-to-understand way.
- Start your free trial
- Plan your dashboard
- Get your data onto Geckoboard
- Add a new widget
- Copy a widget
- Delete a widget
- Delete a dashboard
- Customize your dashboard
- Change your dashboard settings
- Sharing your dashboard
- Display your dashboard on a TV